GTV6 coma

For the first time I have now got the chance to work on my GTV6 and so I
did. After doing some work (mostly cleaning) in the engine bay I was going
to drive it out of the garage to wash it. I engaged the starter and it
turned fine and the engine started fine but as I gave it some gas it reved
to about 2300 rpm, stumbbled and then just died. I restared it (went on
easy) and now only giving it little gas drove it out. I let it stand on idle
for a while and the it reved fine.

I spent an hour and a half cleaning it and was about to start it and drive
it back into the garage. I turned the key and the starter worked just fine
but the engine only egnited for a few short bursts very roughly and now it
wont start. I checked for spark up to the distibuator and it was fine. I
found that I had forgotten to to reengage the air mass meter conector after
cleaning my air intake duct (the intake was filled with durty oil up to the
gas flapp is this normal?? The duct has been replaced once maybe 3y ago. If
this is normal then all you GTV6 owners out there should take a look coss
mine was really dripping of oil). This would explain why the engine stopped
when I gave it gas but why wont it start now that it is engaged?? I know
there is little gas in the car which also could be a cause for this but I
checked if there was fuel pressure buy slowly relesing the gas return hose
and fuel was pressent though not at very high pressure.
Does the LOW FUEL indicator have any history of failing?? If it hasn't there
should be about 8 litres of gas in it.

Mattias Eliason

'84 GTV6