Re: 164 auto TRANSMISSION life

Robert:
My wife's 1991 L automatic has 106,000 + miles fluid changed once
probably due again. It's had 3 or 4 autocrosses and one track based
driving school and lots of short 1.3 mile to work trips. Knock on wood
<G>.
My 1994 LS just had it's fluid changed at 45,000 miles.

Some say regular changing of the fluid & filter is the key to the
transmission lasting a while.

Fred diM says drive it around with the lever in 3rd rather than D (or 4
or whatever it says) when driving in town? We don't?

Best of Luck on your search.
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX

End of alfa-digest V7 #766