Lifts: about the oil dripping off the car on top?

In AD7-765 Mark Smith asks "With all this uplifting talk of ....lifts.....
what about the oil dripping off the car on top? It is an Alfa right? Or am I
the only one with Alfa's that seem to drip fluid?"

As I said in my post about the lifts on Thursday, "Most offer options, some
more than others, including jack bridges, drip-pans, and casters ". You put
the drip pan in when using it as a parking lift, and leave it off when using
as a service lift. The lift I have has two tracks, 19" wide , 156" long, 4"
deep, and 40" apart. If I had a really drippy Alfa I could have a sheet-metal
shop take a 4' wide sheet of aluminum and bend a pan 40" wide, 12-1/2' long,
and 4" deep. This would be large enough to contain 103.89 gallons of
drippage. If this was not sufficient I could equip it with a drain hose or,
if in a low-lying area, a sump-pump. The stock options this company offers
include a 2" deep galvanized drain pan and a full-length/full-width
lightweight plastic dripcatcher which they call a "Dyper", which they
sometimes throw in free as an inducement to "buy today!"

In AD7-764 Brad Anesi mentioned that his 4-post M.I. Steel lift cost about
$3000 + shipping. Shipping is certainly a factor; mine weighs 1400#, but
shipping (from Kansas to North Carolina) was included in the $3,095 price.
For people with long garages and seasonal car storage needs the company has a
static "balcony" used in conjunction with the lift; package price for lift,
casters, balcony, locator arms and bridge ramps to link the two, tire chocks,
Dyper, etc was $5,150. All sorts of options - -

One of the companies advertises that assembly takes "one man, two boys and a
pizza-" I was able to do it single-handed, but it took some planning. As did
getting it from the trucking company to the garage; the freight line said
their responsibility ended when the truck stopped in front of the house.

Definitely a convenience, once in and assembled.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.