164 heating/AC system stepper motor exchange

Hi,

Does anybody have experience on changing the stepper motor on Alfa 164?
Summer's hot days are coming and I can't turn the heat off so A/C can
not make hot air to cool.
I asked local Alfa representative shop to fix it but they do not dare to
do it as they have no experience on it.
I have taught to do it myself finally. I know that Cardisc offers
special video and instructions about repair but befor buying I wish to
be sure how complicated the job is. Do I have to mount off all dashboard
with electronics and do I need special tools or knowhow for this?

If anybody can help please write to me.
Thanks in advance

Erkki from Estonia
164 3.0 1989