Re: 164 L v S, can you imagine? /Sud

So where were all you Alfasud lovers when I was trying to defend their
reputation a couple months ago! ;-).  IMHO these were great cars, enormous fun
to drive and quite practical too.  As has been pointed out, their biggest
problem, and what killed Alfa's reputation in the UK, was rust.  A common
problem amongst Italian cars of the time.  My 1978 4-door had to be hauled away
with serious structural problems at only 9 years of age, but my 1983 1.5SC was
still going strong when I sold it in 1990, with only a couple of spots of the
brown stuff.  Alfa's damaged reputation took a lot longer to overcome, of
course.

Dave J.
1982 GTV-6 (now at 17 years and counting)

On May 27,  6:25pm, Jerry Parker wrote:

> Of all the Alfas sold in Britain between 1977 and the introduction of
> the 164 the Sud was easily the most fun to drive. It's also one of the
> few cars to be more fun than it's own replacement - the 33.
>
> Jerry Parker
> Alfa Romeo 164 3.0 V6 Auto (wife's daily drive)
> Fiat X1/9 VS
> Caterham 1.4 K Supersport

P.S. Nice collection!

- --