Re: 164's loafing

Guys,

 <personal opinion warning>
At over 80mph, you shouldn't be "loafing" as that conjures images of being
lax and indifferent to your environment.  My 164LS/Super does seem "busy"
above 3,000rpm which is unbecoming of a car marketed as a "luxury"
automobile.  However, I'm also much more comfortable cruising at speed in a
car that offers me a lot of information that I should take into account at
that speed.  If I'm going fast, I need MORE information, not less.
</personal opinion warning>

Just for grins, I wound it out to 5800rpm (more available) in 5th gear a
few nights ago and found that I, too, have a perfectly geared 164.  At an
indicated 140mph, it was certainly not loafing but in no way was it jittery
or nervous like my 75 is at that speed.  It was certainly not loafing.  And
I certainly obtained the grin I needed.

Nizam