RE: spider 2000 water pump

Thanks, that makes sense.

I'm certain no or very few Alfa service shops use that trick, though.
There is always the risk when removing the studs that you will strip the
aluminum threads in the timing cover, causing even more time to be spent
on the task, and that additional time would be at the shop's risk, in
general. For an individual owner working on their own car it's a
reasonable risk to take.

Godfrey