Re: spider 2000 water pump

Well, Les, according to my shop manual (and watching it done on my Spider
last year because I don't have the equipment to pull the crank pulley
here at home), the water pump cannot be removed without removing the
crank pulley on the 2000 engine .. there's evidently a clearance problem.
I just checked my receipts: the labor to R&R the water pump on my Spider
was billed at 4 hours, and the shop that did the work is has always
billed me for time fairly. So perhaps 5 hours is a bit high, unless
there's other work to be done.

I could do it easily on my 1750 (and had to once upon a time), just like
the manual says I can. My 1750 didn't have the AC stuff in the way up
front by the radiator either, it was much simpler in the engine bay than
a mid-'80s Spider Veloce.

Is there a difference between US and NZ issue Spider 2000 motors that
allows the water pump to come off without removing the crankshaft pulley?

Godfrey