Kicking out of the garage

In Digest no.752, that cheeky Mr Zelazny said "I hadn't found an Alfa I'd =
kick outa the garage yet! But then I've never been in a Sud". =20

Of course we know he's only looking for a bite so I have to rise to the =
bait!  Clearly our man has never been in a Sud, as he said, 'cos if he =
had, then he certainly wouldn't be thinking of any possible kicking-out....=
.. in fact he'd be hopping into that car as often as he could, to =
experience the joys of crisp handling, as much free and smooth revving as =
you could wish for, and a nice quick gearchange to go with it.  And, if it =
were a Sud Sprint coupe, head-turning good looks as well.=20

It also seems that Mr.Z hasn't been in a late 70s Alfetta GTV either, with =
its appalling handling, reluctance to rev, shameful gearchange, and =
Alfasud-sized front brakes. Now here's an Alfa I own which I would have =
considered to be kick-out material,  apart from the gorgeous looks. In =
recent times I've sorted out the revving and the handling by chucking out =
the factory-spec late 70s camshafts and much of the skinny suspension,  =
and now it feels more like an Alfa and is definitely a permanent part of =
the family.  (Too bad about the clunky gearchange and the miniature =
brakes!).

Regards,
Graham Hilder,
New Zaland.