alfa reputation

Scott Corsaro said
>So where did this horrible Alfa stereotype come from,
>were the old Alfas junk.

In the UK, I seem to remember alfas getting a bad reputation for
reliability from the time of the AlfaSud, which was not adequately
rust-proofed for our rain and salt in the 70s.. This reputation also
affected
Lancia and Fiat as well. Today Lancia doesn't import into the UK
at all which is a shame.

As for the quality of the parts, I would point out that *in general*
car manufacturers don't make cars - they assemble them. I'm not
that impressed with the finish of the Milano for the electrics;
however at the end of the day its Alfa takes the responsibility for
choosing those components. For me this has always been the strange
thing about Alfa when you consider the quality of other components.

Dave