Re:164 L v S, can you imagine? (rpm's at speed)

hi richard, you said:
>...<For street use>, I would suggest that the gearing should put the engine at
a >relativly low, quiet, rpm in the anticipated cruising range.

>While most of my driving is around town at speeds such that this
>consideration does not apply, the other use is in hours long trips at
>freeway speeds.  In the latter mode, a constantly buzzing engine at high
>rpm is a fatigueing factor.  The standard gearing of the GTV6 (outside
>'83) is a little low in top gear.
jeez, how fast d'ya drive?!?  :>)  i found that even cruising at 4k rpms w/the
old 2.5 in my gtwe6, there was no buzzing-engine fatigue.  quite relaxing,
actually!  :>)  when i was looking for a t/a upgrade to match my 3.0, a 3.55 t/a
was not in the picture - i'm quite happy w/the 4.10 lsd t/a from a platinum
milano.  i'm tempted to put one-o-these in my werde, too.

differing tastes, i guess...

doug s.