1967 Alfa prices and availability

The May 1967 issue of Car and Driver magazine has an article listing all the
1967 cars available in the US and their prices.  Lots of foreign makes
listed then that no longer sell in the US (Alfa) or no longer exist (Glas).
The Alfas listed as available were:

Giulia TI        $2927
Giulia Super  $2995
GTV             $4200
GTA             $5550
Duetto          $3950
2600 Spider  $4886
2600 Sprint   $5760

Nice lineup that I wish we had something comparable to today.  My own view
is that 1967 was the high point of Alfa's product line.  By way of price
comparison, you could have had the GTA for $5550 or a Porsche 911 for $5990
(a 911S was $1000 more).  The GTA starts to look like a bargain.

A question:  were Giulia TIs and Giulia Supers both sold side-by-side from
the time of the Super's introduction?  My own anecdotal experience is that
most TIs in the US are 1964-1966, and most Supers are 1966, 1967.  So it
seems like the TI got sort of phased out in the US as superseded by the
Super,  even though it wasn't actually dropped from the lineup.  But could
you really buy a TI right up until the end of Giulia sales in the US?  Did
dealers push the Super and hold back the TI?  Not a big price difference
(see above).

Andrew Watry
Berkeley, CA
Berlina Register