Cold Feet

What does it mean when I'm cruising along with the top down and the
stream of warm air that's been keeping my feet all toasty warm for the
last twenty minutes suddenly turns tepid?  The car was well warmed up,
all gauges reading normal, 175=BA F on the coolant gauge, fan blowing hig=
(and continuing to blow the tepid air).  I tried monkeying with the
sliders to na avail.  The warmth did seem to kick in again for just a
minute or two at one point, then disappeared again.  Heat has always
worked GREAT on this car, 'till now.

Guesses, anybody?

TIA,

Hal Taylor
Venice, CA
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (no longer all cozy down low)