'87 Spider Differential

My mechanic clued me in on something recently that I never learned in 8
years of spider ownership. When you're driving, wind blows the oil leaking
from the engine back onto the diff, making it look like it leaks. Does your
engine leak? Then that might be your answer.
Don't know about your noise from the rear, but the gear oil I used for this
was 80w/90. I had a pretty hard time finding a 12mm  allen key, but I
believe I got it at Economy Imports. You might want to try buying it from
Snap-On through a mechanic.
Good luck
Chris Keen
'77 spider