oil pump - 2nd try

No luck the first time so I'll try again:

Would anyone with oil pump removal and replacement experience please be
so good and give a semi-competent novice diy'er some pointers on this
procedure.
Car is a 73 GTV 2L, am told it can be done by only removing the lower
pan and would prefer to use this method (as opposed to:  first pull the
engine out....).
There ain't nothing in Haynes or the Bible and I do not have a Cardisk.

Re. Alumaseal, I can offer first hand testimonial that the stuff does
work - with one caveat:  Blew a header tank seam on my radiator in the
middle of the desert, 15 miles out of Tehachapi, driving home from
Willow Springs- managed to coast into town and found an open parts
store, added Alumaseal directly to the tank and Presto! The leak stopped
completely.  However, the car continued to exhibit temp problems of low
gauge readings but boiling in the overflow bottle, so I recently pulled
the radiator for a possible recore - turns out the Alumaseal worked too
well as it had plugged about half of the radiator tubes at the lower end
to some degree, and flow was significantly reduced.

Last mention:  Anyone interested in selling BWA 14 x 6 four spoke rims
please contact me directly.

Thanks,
Peter Kemos
Santa Cruz, CA