Power steering rack rebuild

I think I've found a supplier for a power steering rack rebuild kit for
my '79 Lancia Zagato. Now my question is how doable is this task for a
DIY mechanic??? I've never  done  a power steering rack rebuid, but my
understanding is it can be tricky. I am looking for any feedback from
people on the list who have attempted their own rebuilds. The power
steering rack in question is a ZF part, and should be similar (rebuild-
wise) to those used in the AR range.
Please forgive The Lancista for intrusion, I've had many many Alfas in
the past, and will own one someday again! :-)
Thanks,

Val Danilov
Portland, Oregon