Milano ownership info 2

Thanks to all who have replied! I welcome all additional responses out
there...

Almost all reponses referred to the timing belt and ABS as the two main
issues with the Milano. The timing belt no the car I'm looking at was changed
6,000 miles ago (updated belt tensioner), but the ABS is a big concern.

When I test drove the car, the Antilock light was on the entire time. When I
asked the mechanic who was sellnig the car (on behalf of a customer), he said
that it was a short somewhere between the light and the engine compartment.
He further said  the ABS system is working because you can hear the "ABS
relay" clicking. (Something was clicking everytime I pushed the brake pedal;
my guess was a tail light relay.)

Any thoughts on the likelihood of the light being caused by a short? Any
thoughts on the clicking being indicative of the ABS system working?

Thanks,
Aaron

P.S. I read the ABS debugging article at
http://reality.sgi.com/sikand_mti/milano.html, and will follow that procedure
with a different mechanic before making an offer on the car.