Re: GTV-6 or Milano alternator, part 2

This evening I had a chance to put a voltmeter on the charging system of my
GTV-6.

At idle (800-1000rpm), I measured 12.46v, at the battery.  If I held the
accelerator to 3000 the charge would slowly increase to almost 13v.  With the
radio and a/c on it dropped to 12.14 volts.  Even with the increased volts at
higher RPM's the alternator, AND the ox sensor light next to it, stay light
although they get dimmer.  It did not do this at all before the sudden
stalling and stopping of the car in traffic yesterday.  As I said in my
earlier post I replaced the battery with a known good one and charged it
fully.  Motor spins nicely now and car starts almost instantly, but the
alternator light concerns me.  Does the GTV-6 alternator have an internal or
external voltage regulator?  Should I take it out and have it checked?  How
much trouble is this or should I get the checkbook out?  This is all new to
me.  I am used to the Alfetta and the 4 cyl. but know nothing about the v-6.
I guess I am going to start learning.  All help is appreciated.

Jerry in Houston