Info needed on bleeding brakes on 164

Hi everybody
I have the good old stiff pedal problem on my 164 and might consider
replacing master cylinder (it occurs only when hot after driving stop-and
go).I might also replace the fluid with AGIP dot 4.
So, my question is about what should one know, and is particular when
bleeding abs equipped cars, when changing equipment upstream of the abs
pump.Is there such thing as needing to trip the pump before the process is
complete? could it be that incorect bleeding is the base of the whole
stiffness problem?After all Alfa is asking to have the fuid replaced after
some time...
All answers apreciated
Vlad
'91 164 L