GTV-6 OR Milano Alternator?

I am beginning to think that my newly acquired 83 GTV-6 is going to have a
charging problem here in the summer heat when the A/C is running almost
continuously.  I did find, after it pooped out yesterday, that it had a
rediculously small battery in it.  Almost like one of those you see on riding
lawn mowers.  I replaced it with a humongous Interstate that I had in the
Alfetta.  I will also be setting up the fans so that they will automatically
come on when the A/C is turned on.  Now I am beginning to wonder if the GTV-6
alternator is up to the task.  I cannot find any info on the capacity of the
alternator.  Maybe it just needs to be rebuilt...I have not been able to put
a meter on it just yet.  Would I be wise to move up (if it is indeed up) to a
Milano alternator, maybe from APE?  Or maybe modify a GM Delco like I did in
the Alfetta, 105 amps.  Never a problem after that.  Advice and experience
appreciated.

Jerry in Houston