164 ski port, roof racks.

I have used the ski port in my Q several times for transporting skis. The
rubber-lined bladder (I almost called it a condom but I would never use such
a word!) is intended to keep moisture from your skis away from your leather
upholstery, which it certainly does. However, trying to pack the bladder
back into its little cavity and close the port on both sides is an exercise
in frustration...

Last time I used it, when I extracted the skis the binding caught on the
little piece of metal that secures the boot-side hatch closed and broke it
off. Yes, silly, fragile design. Be sure to hold the hatch well up from the
bindings.

A local Australian company called Rola make a complete range of roof racks
and various accessories, and I have a set mounted to the Q, mainly for
carrying the bike (yes, I started the cycling thread a couple of years
back....still wearing my Alfa jersey and have two more of a new design
now!). From Michael Smith's description, they mount the same way as the
Thule racks; very secure. But the Rolas, made from Aluminium, are aero
shaped and very quiet, just a bit of wind noise when the sunroof is open.
And they look good, damn good.

Jim Picot
Melbourne Australia
66 Super