RE: Intellectual property (low Alfa content)

> The way it works in the land of high tech (as it has been related to me)
> is this:
>
> 1. You get a group of engineers that pick apart the product you wish to
> copy from company X. They get their information any way they can
> (usually honestly by tinkering). Then this group of engineers writes up
> very explicit, very complete ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS for a "new"
> product.

<snip>

thanks for the excellent write-up (doesn't even remotely resemble how we
engineer products anywhere i've ever worked, but what the heck).

one question - how do engineers function when they don't have anything to
copy?

bs, insulted by the above description of an engineer.