Re: 300hp milano

> From: "Eric H." <ejham@domain.elided>
>
> Italian makes (like F***ri) that produce that range of HP from
> probably higher-torque plants? I'd always understood that if their
> rubber is good -- < 50K miles / 5 years -- they're stronger and more
> reliable than u-joints.

Can anyone verify the difference between our donuts and their donuts?
I cerntainly don't see ours last 50k/5yr.
My ex-gold saw 2 driver school and 1 sears point lunch tour, sold it
to new owner of multiple cars so milege should be limited. donuts
were just being replaced. That is less than 40k/4yr per set of
new donut and this is on a drive shaft with zero vibration.

my verde , sees much less rev, and before my last replacement of
donuts, only saw 1 or 2 ARA autox and 1 sears point lunch tour.
Sees mostly freeway cruising, around 40-45k / 4-5 yr.

Anyone keep the records?

> to surround the rubber with a tough mesh of some kind? Perhaps kevlar.
> much and probably reduce long-term strain. (Go ahead, engineers...take
> the idea if you like. I don't mind a bit, just name them after me if
> you do. Something like Hamble-Joints or some such.)

a  Giuham
(as vs giunte-bosch (sp?) -> giubo, logically, giu-ham -> giuham)

:)

Jess
88 verde back on the road :) definitely more fun then the executive express.
95 164LS the executive express (as defined by nizam, see www.nizam.com)
94 155TiV6 Larini 1:55 :) "garaged"