Chassis stiffener debate

     As a satisfied owner of a Don Ereminas chassis stiffener, I would like
     to clear up some points made in the recent digest.
     1. Don Ereminas designed this stiffener, and sells it in his store and
     thru Centerline. This is from Don's mouth, when I bought my stiffener
     from him. I don't know of any other sellers of this product.
     2. I paid the list price of $325 a few years ago. I imagine costs have
     gone up over the years, causing the current $425 pricetag. I was not
     unhappy with the price when I saw the finished product; fully powder
     coated, all necessary hardware supplied, and all of it higher than
     normal grade SAE bolts/nuts, plus full installation instructions.
     3. Personally, I think that to make a copy of someone else's design is
     not quite ethical, if not illegal. I would suggest checking to see if
     this device is patented, before starting to take orders, and starting
     production, and before a potential lawsuit.

     Len