RE: Alfas & Guns

Steve,

Please keep you unique view of the world out of Canadian politics.
Canadians were never "been stripped of their weapons".  We live in a
peaceful country compared to yours, due in large part to the fact that there
were few weapons to be stripped of.  Even the existing licensing of firearms
does meet with protests from the more "American" of Canadian citizens, but
most of us cannot see why, when we must have a license for our dog and our
Alfa the idea of a license for something most people don't need (a firearm)
should bother anyone.

Ken

- ----------------------------------------
<<From: Steve Jones <sjones@domain.elided>

<<Howdy,
<<Perhaps those who decry political discourse in a forum such as this are
<<correct.  Perhaps issues of overridingly important constitutional issues
<<are misplaced in an arena dedicated to Alfas and directed at least in part
<<to non- Americans.  Still, is it coincidence that two of the complainants
<<in #723 are Canadians, who have been stripped of their weapons and thus
<<their right to self defense and self determination?  Perhaps when a
<<language not of their choosing is imposed or the "privilege" of owning an
<<Alfa restricted, the point will be driven home.  Pun and Alfa content
<<intended.
<<Steve Jones
<<California Republic