re: Guns and Alfas driving drunk

>Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 00:40:06 EDT
>From: Westphal50@domain.elided
>Subject: Guns killing people, is like Alfas driving drunk
>
>As I said to Greg offline, the 2nd amendment was (and is) a protection
>against the tyranny of the government.   It was born and given breath in the
>revolution against a distant government that overtaxed the population and
>provided little to the colonists that fed it.
>
>"Treason", on the other hand, is when your government sells secrets to a
>foreign power, or can be bribed to openly disobey the laws of the governed.
>Let's see: we have no ICBMs or any other defense against an incoming nuclear
>missile that probably has "Designed (including guidance and encryption
>technology)in the USA", on it; our neutron bomb secrets have been tested
by a
>foreign government; our submarines cannot respond to an attack unless we
take
>the first hit - and then only if the proper codes are sent from our
>degenerate-in-chief; gun runners, drug dealers, and Triad gangsters can buy
>their way into the Whitehouse, and with blessing,  disperse their wares on
>the streets where you live; soon both ends of the Panama Canal will be
>occupied by China, and we of course have open borders to accommodate all
>those who might need a better place to do business, or live, or take some of
>our SSI - and maybe peddle some of their agriculture.   Yeah, I feel safe.
>
>When the government does the job WE the people created it for, we can talk.
>
>Sorry.

Treason is a betrayal of the country by the individual, ".. consisting only
in levying war against the US or in giving aid and comfort to its enemies,"
according to Websters.  You must have meant something else.

I'd hoped this thread would die quietly but of course it didn't.  It's
difficult for a non-American to understand this obsession with an
anachronistic constitutional right, when there are so many times more gun
deaths in the US than other civilised countries.  Dave, after rereading
your post I'm still not sure what point you're making - how does having a
gun makes you feel safe against any/all of the above?  Perhaps you're
advocating personal nuclear missile ownership.

Alfas do not drive drunk, but they are useful for things other than killing.

                        Jake  (2 alfas, 0 guns)

End of alfa-digest V7 #721