Re: alfa-digest V7 #711

> Ian Preece wrote
>I think Alfa themselves have made tremendous efforts to improve their
>quality, finish and overall standards. I have to say that from a personal
>point in the UK, most dealers I have had experience with do not do Alfa any
>favours, and that a lot of the problems may be parked on their door steps.

And both Alfa and the dealers should stop taking the utter piss when it comes to
the price of spare parts. If you build a quality car, you can charge a top
price for spares as they don't break often. However, although my Milano V
is beautifully designed and a joy to drive, with a top quality engine, it has
to be said that the plastic interior is low quality, the switch gear appalling,
and the electrics iffy. Even parts of the gorgeous engine are flimsy, like
the water pump. The price of a Sachs cluch in the UK is about 215 GBP.
If you get the same thing from Alfa, it costs 350GBP. It is  a  work of art,
but not Alfa's work of art ...

Dave Milne