Powder coat wheels

Hi Marc,
Just two weeks ago I had two sets of Borrani wheels powder coated for my
750F and wife's 750B.  Got them checked and trued 1st, two were slight
wobblers, then blasted with fine Al oxide, then I dental picked and scraped
the crack between inner and rim, then acid etched same, especially the
crack.  Powder coat is tough as nails.  Got clear over silver.  Then closed
crack with  thin bead of aluminum colored caulking which matched perfectly.
They look and feel great!  As to color, its probably a little more silvery
than an old Fergot spare around here, which has a slight yellow cast,
original or age, who knows?  Best bet is to ask the painter for recent
samples and select there.  Painters that service bikers and have been in
business more than a couple of years are a safer bet also.
Cheers, Peter