Re: '64 Spider Veloce colors

In AD7-720 Mark Dubovick asks a second time for color codes for a'64 spider
veloce.

According to d'Amico & Tabucchi, which should be correct but isn't
infallible,
the only colors used on '62-'65 Spiders, including Veloces, were: Bianco
Antico, Biancospino, Rosso Chiaro, and Grigio Grafite.

I have been trying to weed-out contradictory information on the old and
incomplete Ditzler (PPG) and DuPont lists I have and cross-list them with a
current Sikkens list, but it isn't done yet.

Biancospino is AR-013, Ditzler 8812, DuPont 8654

Grigio Grafite is AR-716, DuPont 8776

Rosso Chiaro is identified as AR-505 on Sikkens list, #407F4 on their charts;
but on the DuPont list I have AR-505 is identified as Spring Blue, so
something is wrong. I would bet AR-505 is a red, as AR-501 is Alfa Red,
AR-510 Carmen Red, and AR-514 Signal Red on the Ditzler/PPG list.

Bianco Antico does not appear under that name on any of the primary lists I
have, but it appears as Ditzler 8393 for 2000/2600 Sprints and Spiders on a
secondary list.

Unless you can get better information elsewhere, I would look at Sikkens'
charts; their local distributor may be listed in your phone book under the
name of the parent company, Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.