Re: Replacing Alfetta Stater Motor

Les:
Oh my gosh, in the rain, 2.5 hours. I hope for your sake it really
wasn't just a solenoid problem. I used to pop the hood and reach down
with my long handled 1/2 in ratchet wrench and tap on the solenoid,
(watch out for the hot electrical connection) and it would start one
time (i.e. the next time I wanted to start it I either had to be on a
very slight down hill grade to use the pop the clutch while running
after the car trick or find the wrench again).
Not meaning to make light of your situation, but trying to instruct
others, I am
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX USA

ps I regret now selling this car though rust was pretty bad the big
issue was the starter and after many months I traded it on a GTV-6, fast
but not as roomy. bjb