65 veloce wheels

I just went through this excercise on my Triumph TR-6. It has silver wheels
with quite a bit of aluminum in them.

I spent quite a bit of money trying to get someone to correctly match the
color in powdercoat. (Much better if you can get it done in powdercoat).

I found that liquid paint formulations have no bearing on powdercoat
formulations. It is just trial and error. They make you up a bunch odf
samples and you just keep trying to get closer. Also, it is VERY dificult
to find anyone to mix a small batch of powdercoat. It will be a minimum of
$500 or so if you can even get someone to mix that small an amount.

I did it, but then it didn't come out good because of the high metallic
content. I ended up wasting a lot of money, and then having a good painter
just match up the color in liquid paint. It's not as durable, but it's
doable. By the way, you haven't lived until you've tried to get a good
quality powdercoat off of metal with using an aggrssive sane and etching
the metal. Big fun.

I would put out on the list a question to everyone to see if anyone has had
any success in matching the color in powdercoat, or has found an acceptable
substitute. If not, I would run just get someone to mix the paint for you.
The guy that did mine had done some Alfa wheels also, and that mix also
came out pretty nice.