Re: Free oil pressure

In message , LEN_LEEB@domain.elided writes
>     Bruce says:
>     ...Just want to say that I get free oil pressure.  The very fact of
>     turning on the electrics on my GTV, I get about 15psi of oil pressure.
>     All I can think of is that the oil pressure is left over from the day
>     before.....talk about a tight engine!
>
>        Bruce
>
>     This is obviously from overfilling the sump, Bruce. With only 7 quarts
>     of oil, you would have just ENOUGH oil pressure. With 8 quarts, the
>     extra pressure must go somewhere, so it stays in the gauge until the
>     next time you start the engine. At that time, it bleeds off into the
>     sump, setting you up to repeat the cycle. ;*) If you only put in 6
>     quarts, the gauge would read zero until a little AFTER you started up
>     the engine, to compensate for the deficit. READ THE BOOK! Have you
>     thought of powering your windshield wipers with the free hydraulic
>     pressure?
>     Len
This is rubbish, so flame me if you do not agree.
This is the equivalent of saying "My car overheated last week, thats why
the engine is still hot though I havent run it for four days."
The oil pressure sender is faulty, or more likely, there is a leak to
earth (ground) of the 'lectric.
- --
jonathan coates