re: Non releasing 105 clutch

in AD v7n710, Mark wrote:

<<The clutch on my 74 2000 GT Veloce has decided that it doesn't want to
release, at least that's what it feels like... <snipped a lot of good stuff>
Is it easier/quicker to drop the box out by itself, or pull the motor/box out
the
top together?>>

Probably correct that the friction material, or some other part of the clutch
assembly, has come loose. I've experienced a similar problem with my "Alfa"
Jetta before.

Pull the engine & tranny as a unit, then take them apart. It's a whole lot
easier than trying to get the spanners to the bolts while the unit's in the
car. AMHIK, I used to be able to pull my '63 Spider engine/tranny in 15
minutes flat -- too practiced! Reassembly of the clutch/engine/gearbox is
easier out of the car, too.

ciao

Tom
'63 Spider