chassis stiffeners

in my last post I mentioned that I could make chassis braces.
I've had some replies & interest & thought I'd post an offer to
the digest.

I own a small metal fabrication business & have thought about
making a chassis stiffener for my 86 spider grad. the iap price
of $425 + shipping seems a bit too high for me. however,
it seems silly just to make one.

if there is any interest (like 10-20 people) I'd do a short run
of chassis stiffeners for about $200 each, + shipping (and
tax, if yr in Texas) we could make them a bit beefier than the
ones that iap sells, weld with stainless rod (TIG) & galvanize them
for long life, additionally supplying stainless fasteners. as
far as I know, the existing design fits 66 on spiders.

time from ordering till you receive will probably be about a month,
as my gear up time, construction time & time at the galvanizers,
etc. will probably run till then. hopefully a small tradeoff for the $225
savings.

please reply off digest to me, as I don't want to waste bandwidth
on commercial things.

Dave Sisson
86 grad
Houston, TX