Monterey Weekend / Concorso Italiano Lodging Query

Hello all,

I am planning to drive my 1991 Spider to the Concorso Italiano [Fiat!] this
year and [finally] stay for the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca [Auto
Union!].  I'm wondering if anyone has made any particularly good discoveries
of reasonable, comfortable, and relatively close-by lodgings for the
weekend.  I of course didn't book last _year_, when I might've been able to
pick from at least two options in/around Carmel and Monterey, so I find
myself scrambling a bit at this point.

Last year several Digesti stayed in Salinas, didn't they?  Can you recommend
that place, and/or are you doing it again?  I'll be traveling from the North
Bay Area sans passenger probably, hoping to stay over the nights of
8/26-8/28.  Any fellow ARA or DSARC members making the trip?  Any
ideas/leads are much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hutson