Re: alfa-digest V7 #708 Inappropriate rant...

At 12:42 PM 5/12/99 -0400, Peter L. Krause wrote:
>I agree with Katos. Phil should "get right" with Steve and Joel before
>he explodes on the digest.

it pays to think about how your comments will look to the casual observer.

when i see someone go off on a vendor on the digest, and i don't know the
parties involved, i really have no basis for deciding the right and wrong
of the situation. the result is that all i see is a lot of ranting and raving.

in the case of centerline, though, my perspective is different. i did a
small amount of satisfactory business with them a few years back, and i
have dealt with Joel in his previous life, and am therefore predisposed to
think that they're ok. thus, i'm inclined negatively towards any rant
against them right from the start.

so please, folks, think before you rant. whatever you write, park it for a
day, reread it after you calm down, and then don't send it.

please...

richard