Re: cat swap

I think this is the sort of matter we need to devote attention to.

The Alfa cat cannister seems to be stainless, end-caps fastened-on.  Just
how, I'm not sure.  There are two common approved methods for joining SS,
welding with a SS rod, or "brazing" with a Nickle Silver rod.  If the cap
is fixed by brazing, it should be possible to melt it off -- if welded, I
see no alternative to a cut.  It <can> be re-joined with nickle silver.

There are two pipes in, a SS screen, <one> chamber, another SS screen and
two pipes out.

It seems to me, then, that the optimum approach would be to choose a cheap
aftermarket can of about the same size and shape with little
back-pressure, open both, switch the innards, and put the outlet cap back
on (assuming the smog nazis are sufficiently percipatious as to detect
the presence/absence of anything <inside> the cannister -- the GTV6
should do 1% CO without O2 sensor, in <front> of the cat).

r.m.bies