fractured rods

Since I don't have all parties direct e-mail- to the digest it is....

One thing that might help understand how this is done is that our (Ford)
fractured con rods start their life as powder metal.  I would imagive that
it is easy to custom the mold, besides the notch, to make it fracture
at the correct point.  And, as explained, the load it entirely taken by the
bolts.

You know, a problem that nobody has brought up is that when the rods are
fractured, they have to fracture right away, and not have ANY ductile
movement- or this whole exersize was pointless.

agreeing that this is an interesting subject

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI