Re: Which transaxle ratio desirable with 3.0?

In a message dated 5/11/99 9:16:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< My 89 Milano Gold is awaiting a 3.0L heart transplant. My question is
 this:
 How will it be with the 4.11 rear end? Should I switch to the 3.55 + LSD
 of the verde, or stick with the current one? Some one told me that the
 4.11 with the 3.0 would be pointless. That there'd be barely any 1st
 gear, and that the 3.0 doesn't rev like the 2.5 so it wouldn't work as
 well. Any suggestions? Comments? Experience? Thanks in advance.

    -Chip >>
Let me put it this way: I'd trade my Verde's 3.55 for your transaxle!    Then
again, I like plenty of response when the right foot goes down.   Since you
are planning on fitting in a 3.0 engine I assume performance matters to you,
too.   The 3.0 revs just fine.  Has alot more low end torque than the 2.5,
but IMO the high gearing takes away so much of the potential of my car.

			Bill Sims