re: gtwe6 questions

hi jim, ewe had some questions:
>Question (1):  The car has Koni gas shocks.  As the ride is looser than I'm
used to, I was
>wondering whether these are adjustable.  If I replace the shocks, what type
work best on >GTV6's?
>I favor Bilsteins on my GTV and Spider.
=====================
dunno about the koni's or bilsteins.  i got my shocks from tom zat @ alfa
heaven.  were made by avo, now they're called halcorp.  (avo is a separate,
different company).  they are 12-way adjustable - a little knob at the bottom
lets you adjust 'em while on the car.  allows you to fine-tune them as you like,
change them for track days, etc.  i like them a lot.  i've also heard good
things about spax shocks, which are also supposed to be adjustable like the zat
shocks.

>Question (2):  As soon as I pass smog I plan to remove the cat.  I'm really
impressed that this
>motor has absolutely no flat spots (quite a bit different than my big valve
1750 GTV).  Should I
>expect any change to the bottom end by removing the cat?
=========================
i'd assume an improvement, but this is from hearsay - no direct experience
(yet!)

>Question (3):  What's the real story with BMW AFM's?  Does this make a
difference?  *First >hand*
>experiences are appreciated.
i have a 528i afm installed on my 's'-cammed 3.0 gtwe6, w/a 2.5 kirshtein ecu
mod.  the afm made a big improvement.

hope this helps,

dug seed in