105 Starter Troubleshooting

After noticing an intermittent problem with my starter (very slow turn-over)
a few months back, I replaced it with a rebuilt unit.  Now I am having a new
problem.  When cold, the starter will not disengage after the first starting
attempt.  That is, it continues to turn the engine over after the key is
rotated back off the "start" position.  I have to then disconnect the
battery and try again.  Ususally it works on the second or third try.  Once
warm - no problems during the day.

Does this sound like soleniod, ignition switch, or other?

Thanks,
W. B. Peale
69 GT Veloce
(not Weloce, what is up with that anyway?  A Russian accent?)