Re: Engine warm-up

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Subject: Cold engine - hard driving >>
Follow the owner's manual and do not stress the engine until it is up to
temperature.  You have iron liners inside an aluminum block topped with
aluminum heads.  They expand at different rates as the engine warms up.  I've
had 1 blown head gasket in years of driving Alfas, and it happened the one
time I violated this rule.  Note that stressing the engine can mean lugging
it as well as revving high.

After the engine is warmed up it's fine to flog it, IMO.  You have a rev
limiter  in your 164 (unless you've changed the chip) that keeps the engine
in one piece.  Tickets are another issue.....

	Bill