You Know the feeling

Ok Digesters here's the situation. I'm Trying to adjust the cold start
solenoid on my 73 spica gtv. This is all thats standing between me and a
perfectly tuned alfa. The thing smokes up my yard every time I start it  but
runs great after that. So i get a craftsman 15/16 crows foot and its too
thick to get under the solenoid and at the lock nut, so I consult i saluti
reprints that says to loosen the lock nut with a punch and hammer, but it
won't budge, Did I give up? Would you? No I press on...... out of a piece of
angle iron i cut a 24mm gap and then try to loosen the nut with it but it
bends on several attempts. Do i give up. Dam right I do! Any ideas out
there? I'm stumped and I smell like liquid wrench. Bob Brooks 73 gtv By the
way I took Skip Barber's one day driving school at Lime Rock last week and
it was excellent!

End of alfa-digest V7 #696