Re: unleaded fuel and classic alfa

Ian

A lot of the fears about the effects of unleaded gas on our cherished
classics have not proven out-  In my own case, I have a ''74 2000 spider, and
it has sodium filled exhaust valves, which works just fine with unleaded
(likes the high octane numbers though). What kind of exhaust valve are you
dealing with? They could always be replaced at rebuild time if not up to
snuff. I know you will not need to replace the head, as is the cae with many
of the brit cars.

Kevin M
Framingham, MA USA