ancient history

(The newest of thses cars in the US is past the fashionable replacement
deadline -- we're <all> into ancient history....)

As I recall, some early 164 were not fitted with ABS or slush-pump --
what's the designation of such machine?  Sooner or later, I will probably
have to move to a later model, and such seems as nearly maintainable as
any 164 -- as little needless complexity as available (yes, I know about
the stepper motors and LED boards, but unavoidable -- is, the
power-steering as troublesome when not also loaded with ABS)?  What's such
not totally beat probably worth (fair accumulated milage seems
inevitable)?

r.m.bies