Re: GTV-6 Oil Pressure

In a message dated 5/5/99 11:11:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>   The oil pressure on my GTV-6 read low (as in barely registering
>  once engine is warmed up) at idle, and ditto for Verde.  Was in mid-range
at

>  2500 rpm and above. Tried replacing the sending unit on Verde and it made
no

>  difference.  I now ignore the oil pressure at idle....

According to the owners manual on my 164L, pressure at idle on the 3L V6
should only be 7 lbs. Scared the snot out of me the first time.  I see no
reason that should be any different on the GTV-6, basically the same engine.
In fact, my GTV-6 oil pressure acts the very same way. The book also says
that over 55 is over pressure.  The 164 calls recommends 10w-40 Agip Nuova
Sint 2000 or Shell Fire and Ice.  Are either of these synthetic?

Jerry in Houston