Alfa Unleaded

Ian

Unleaded petrol has nothing to do with global warming. If there
is such a thing as man made global warming then the increased
fuel consumption I have noticed on unleaded will make it
worse.

Have a look on the following site, and follow the links to the unleaded
piece:-

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/KeithandCharlotte/

Basically almost all 80's Alfa's will run unleaded with just timing
adjustments (I think it was the early injected Alfetta that cannot
be set up to run unleaded....not sure why). However for the 75
TS you need a small relay swapping in the injection system
for the lower octane.

According to a salesman on a stand selling lead substitues at
the recent Classic Car show at the NEC, the extra tax on =

super unleaded is due to be removed later this year (7p a litre),
and hopefully this will boost its sales enough to bring it down
to European price levels (about 1p a litre more than normal
unleaded).

All the best

Keith