Whistling DellOrtos

The carburettors on my engine (DellOrtos on a Giulia 1750 TI) emit a
curious whistling sound.  This occurs at idle, or on trailing throttle, and
only when the motor is fully warmed up.  The noise is similar to the squeak
from poorly lubricated points, but this motor is running MarelliPlex.  It's
not the alternator or water pump, and I've used a stethoscope to narrow it
down to the carbs.  I've not heard this sound before from any other carbed
(DellOrto or otherwise) engine.  Anyone have any ideas on this?

Cheers
Mat

While I'm here, anyone have a good recipe for preserving olives?  This
year's crop is bountiful.