Re: Conventional Oil And Goo

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I found significant
 gooey stuff in those wells. Can't imagine how much more goos
 would be in there with conventional oil. >>

I'm in process of rebuilding the engine in my Giulietta Spider and I'm amazed
at how much goo/coke/crud is in crevices.  I rebuilt the engine in my Alfetta
after over 120,000 miles and 12 years, all on conventional oil, and it was
"clean as a whistle".  I don't know why the difference, besides age of the
engines.   Suspect the oil in the Giulietta (it is very low mileage) was
several years between changes, whereas I changed oil and filter on Alfetta at
4,000 miles.  Used Valvoline 20W-50.

				Bill Sims