Fluffy Idle: possible solution

Did you modify your L-jet ECU?  I had the same problem with my (very)
modified V6 with same vintage L-jet.

You could be suffering from the "one wire O2 sensor" phenomenon.  When
cold, the aux air valve compensates for the cold engine (and cold O2
sensor).  A single wire O2 sensor (stock) takes about 3 minutes to heat
up and start sending a signal to the ECU so that it can balance your
fuel mixture.  On a semi-warm engine, the aux air valve is closed (so no
benefit from it), but your O2 sensor hasn't warmed up yet.  Once it gets
up to temp, all is fine.  I had the same problem.

Solution: replace one wire sensor for a 3 wire sensor.  The extra 2
wires are literally 12V+ and ground.  Wire them to something that is
switched on with the ignition.  You'll have an active sensor (closed
loop mode) as soon as the car starts up.

Worth a shot...

Scott Goodwin
82 GTV/6 Balocco 3.0
Austin, TX